19 February 2013

Snooze

I had hoped to come home from work today with enough energy to finish up a little something so I could share it here. Obviously that didn't happen.

Most days I'm running a mobile office for our company, which means I'm with the phone something like 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. Today, was 8:30 a.m. - 9:45 p.m.

And between those hours I was working about two feet ahead of a team of three renovators - and all their tools, and the world's loudest radio. Even with the phone in my pocket, I missed multiple calls simply because I couldn't hear over the noise. We made great progress and all, so I'm not too upset, but that was certainly a new challenge for the whole mobile office aspect...

Oh, and by the time I got home, desperate to drop my 'uniform' in the laundry, I learned I couldn't raise either hand above my head without stabbing pain.

So, rather than spending any time with my sewing machine, the too many things on my to do list, the 'need a new car this week' project, or even the camera, I am crawling into the neighbor's hot tub (with permission). I might even bring a book, if I have the arm strength to hold it up...

I like my job, but days like this are exhausting!

No comments:

Post a Comment