05 September 2013

Chocolate Covered Cherries - Quilted

At last!


It's as difficult to see as ever, but I have finally finished the quilting. And since it was too dark to take photos by that point, I even took the time to trim the quilt (and square it up a little bit).


The quilting really disappears against the busy prints of the back - which is exactly what I was hoping for.

The bright red cherry print was added after the quilt was basted - when I realized the back was a few inches too small (whoops) instead of a few inches too big. It didn't quite turn out how I'd hoped - I really ought to have flipped the quilt over during quilting and been very intentional about putting at least part of a squiggly line down the seam - but I think if I didn't point it out as an unplanned addition, no one else would really know.

So, now I'm down to binding. It ought to go quickly if I can find fabric that works for that final finishing touch. I'm going to search through the stash once more to see if I have anything that could possibly work, but I'm not holding my breath.

No comments:

Post a Comment