12 September 2013

Pinterest Challenge: Roasted Corn Caesar Salad

Inspiration Link: Roasted Corn Caesar Salad from How Sweet It Is, found via Pinterest.

Full disclosure: I was way too lazy to try making my own dressing this time - even though I want to try that some time. I just used the bottle I had in the fridge...

Roasting my ears of corn in the oven was difficult. I didn't get much blackening, and the ears really rolled around in the oven. Perhaps I'm missing the trick and it's not quite as simple as brush ears of corn with olive oil and place in oven. The flavor was good, but the coloring didn't happen - nor was I able to cut them off the cob in large strips (as I always have in the past). Instead, I wound up with kernels. Which wasn't an issue for taste, but presentation-wise was a bit of a disappointment.

So the images of my roasted corn Caesar salad probably won't be sending anyone off to make salad, but it tasted amazing. I had no idea that corn would go so well with Caesar salad.
Ultimate Response: Would absolutely do again - though I'll be working on figuring out a better way of roasting corn!

No comments:

Post a Comment