10 September 2013

My 18th Quilt: Chocolate Covered Cherries

The "Chocolate Covered Cherries" disappearing nine patch on point quilt: 

It's bound, washed, and ready to go. Where? I don't know yet. I guess to the next baby shower I'm invited to.

I've said before that I feel I struggle to make backs, but I have to admit, this one looks pretty good to me.
It's neither too matchy nor too at odds with the front. I think using some fabrics from the front on the back (the three squares, as well as all the brown) as well as a fairly similar fabric theme/color scheme (pinks, cherries, cupcakes) helped keep it all feeling coordinated. And I'm fairly happy with the layout and construction too. Turns out starting a Pinterest Board for things that could be quilt backs has been helpful already!

There's not a huge difference between the pre-wash and post-wash on this one, probably because the quilting is so close together, but I do think it looks a bit softer. It certainly feels a bit more ready to snuggle with too.
Detail of quilting, post-wash
While my goal with this one was to use up some of the pinks and reds in my stash, my favorite parts are the brown border and the brown binding fabrics. They tied in well with the browns in the Cherry On Top charm pack, as well as the few pieces of textured fabric I used, and really just feels like the perfect finish to such a bright center.

Yes, I think all that chocolate was the perfect finish. Seriously though, people, I need invited to a baby shower or two. This quilt wants to be used.



No comments:

Post a Comment