26 September 2013

Partially Cut


I spent several hours last night trimming the precut fabrics to be the ideal size for my plan...


After all the cutting, I got really nervous that I had made another mistake in my math and over cut. I did a partial test layout to map the size, and it turns out that I'm still okay. Whew!


After all the proper cutting - I have a few tiny scraps left. So, in my down time (the days between cutting and realizing I'm actually still okay) I started piecing them together.


This project has been fighting me all along - from math to silly mistakes. Next time I have an hour free, I'll be starting to cut the solid sash fabric -- and I really hope I can work on this step without being haunted by mistakes and math issues.

Assuming the next cutting session goes well, it will be time to start putting things together. Even with my very busy schedule right now, I'm looking forward to that. These blocks should - for once - be something I can work on in little steps that I can pick up just about any time. I'm looking forward to something like that. It'll be a nice break from everything else, which feels like I need 2 hours of dedicated time to make it worth getting out.

Seriously though, so incredibly relieved to have escaped the cutting fiasco I thought I had on my hands!

No comments:

Post a Comment