09 September 2013

Frosting? Sprinkles? Final Touch!

Chocolate Covered Cherries Quilt just got the final touch - a delicious binding! And yes, the final touches actually came from my stash. Which is unusual - but certainly a goal!
Two fabrics left over from my very beginning of buying fabrics added up to be just enough.
This plaid style print was the initial pick. I just love how the blue stripes really help the blue sprinkles and blue fabrics pop just a bit more. With so much pink and red, it's great to see some of the other colors stepping up just a bit.
The secondary choice of this floral and owl print works surprisingly well also - the floral print seems to work well with some of the fabrics in the top, and it doesn't hurt to have just a little more red and aqua/blue going on to top the piece off.
This gives you an idea how it's finished off - but I'll do my best to get some better angles once it's out of the dry cycle!

No comments:

Post a Comment