13 September 2013

Wow...


The sun is currently shining here - the most of it we've seen in about five days - and my home is looking damp and bedraggled, but I'm counting myself lucky.

I can drive out of my driveway (though not in my two wheel drive, low clearance car), and maybe even make it to the edges of the nearest towns. And I'm counting myself lucky.

I had to cancel three jobs for today, and am on stand-by to jump in the car the moment the highway is open so I can get started on those, but I'm counting myself lucky.

I'm very hopeful that the clouds will continue to move out and we'll get some sun instead of three more days of rain. For once, we don't need more rain.

I'm going to go wander the mud puddles and enjoy the sunshine, and hope very much that things around us aren't as bad as they look on tv.

No comments:

Post a Comment