03 September 2013

September Goals

September Goals

Read 5+ books
Read 1+ non-fiction book
Attend High School Reunion
Finish Chocolate Covered Cherries Quilt
Decorate for autumn
Try one new recipe
Practice piano or clarinet twice a week


In the 48 hours since I wrote this list, about six things have already gone back and forth as to whether they have to be goals (with serious deadlines) or whether they won't happen at all - and all out of my control. The control freak part of me is struggling with this much, repeated, major upset to the month's plans.

And, like I said, work is still looking like it's going to take up most of September. At this point, my next chance at having two days off in a week (much less in a row) will be sometime in October! So, I may be a little quieter around here this month, at least until I get a few things worked out for work and that possible photo shoot... I have a few things queued from progress I made in August -- and one that's been waiting for a 'post' since July!! -- so it won't be completely quiet around here, but my hour a day of blogging/pinterest/tumblr/facebook/feedly is probably going to be cut to 15 minutes over breakfast and 5 minutes while brushing my teeth at night.

Oh, I had my first pumpkin flavored something of the season, so now that I'm done trying to force August to be summer (it sure is summer in my book, I don't know why everyone insists on making half of it autumn) I'm ready to embrace autumn - and hope for slightly cooler weather!

No comments:

Post a Comment