10 February 2014

2014 Goal #27 - 1 of ?

Goal #27 for this year is to try at least two new cuisines or restaurants.

While one of my companions from this outing would argue that an ice cream shop hardly counts as a restaurant, I think it counts - especially when the ice cream in question is made in a new-to-me way: using liquid nitrogen.

My grandparents were dairy farmers, so I can be a bit of an ice cream snob. And yeah, call me old fashioned, but I think I'd rather have the traditionally made ice cream. That said, it's very nice to be able to choose a flavor combination and have it made for you right in front of you. And while that's possible the old fashioned way - it takes a lot longer! We'll be going back again, I'm sure, but it wasn't quite as good as I'd hoped. 

No comments:

Post a Comment