18 February 2014

A Tiny Mini

I made this little bitty mini quilt just for me, and just for the fun of it.
I've been collecting up scraps that'll work for a larger bookshelf style quilt ever since I made my first one last year. The pile is growing, but not quickly enough to really begin working on it yet. I'm still saving up scraps towards making a larger version, but last night I just wanted to play and do something fun -- this month I seem to be very interested in immediate gratification projects -- so I pulled a few favorites and got to work.

It's not much bigger than a large post card or picture, maybe 5 x 8. I bound it in a remnant bias tape from the Twin Quilts last year - one of my favorite orange prints. It sat on my sewing table just long enough for me to grab this photo before I scurried off to rearrange the art on my bedroom wall and incorporate it in. I sacrificed one of my basting safety pins to use in hanging it (the pin is working like a picture hanger on a small headed nail that had already been holding something else on the wall). It's probably not technically the right way to hang a little quilt, but I wasn't thinking of how to display it when I was making it!

I probably say this about everything I make, but I think this is my favorite thing...

No comments:

Post a Comment