26 February 2014

Pinterest Challenge: One Pan Enchilada Pasta

I tried to follow One-Pan Enchilada Pasta recipe from Number 2 Pencil (found via Pinterest) - though I realized after cooking that I had completely forgotten to add the onion! It would have been a little better with onion, I think.

The recipe was simple and came together quickly.
Blurry photo - because I was in too much of a hurry to taste it.

Two of my four dinner eaters liked it, though we all agreed the 'mild' sauce was a little more intense than desirable. One didn't say much, though he did have seconds, and one said it was basically do it yourself Hamburger Helper. I don't think I've ever had Hamburger Helper... but I have a general idea what it is, and I have to agree that this does seem quite similar. That said, I don't really care. It was good and it was fast, and there wasn't much clean up involved afterwards - so I still think it's a winner.

Next time, I think I'll remember the onion, and I think I might try adding black beans or something else - especially if I use the same kind of sauce! It was good as I made it, but it felt just a little like it was missing something.

No comments:

Post a Comment