20 February 2014

Fashion Challenge Check-In #3

The Goal: To use 4 different fashion looks from my Pinterest Fashion StuffShoes, or the accessories on my Window Shopping boards as inspiration in creating a look for me to wear in November or December
-- extended in to January and February.

The Budget: $10 (specifically for tights)

The Inspirations:
1) Dress Shirt

2) Dress + Cardigan 1234, - DONE!

Windy days do not make for great photos - especially not when it's so cold! - but I think this isn't too bad a look - minus the wind blown parts. The cardigan seems a little longer than ideal, compared to the length of the dress, and I do think the dress is begging for a belt or other waist accent, but I think it works alright. And yes, I did actually wear this one out on the town on a date with the husband - though I really wish I'd brought a coat!  

3) Shorts + tights -- DONE! 
4) Statement shoes -- DONE!

5) Accessories/Layers/Etc.:

1) Belt and bracelet.    2) Hobbit -inspired door locket necklace    3) Fish necklace  Plus today: 4) Layers - and tights.



So - what I have left to try is the shirt + dress combination. Which has been proving challenging to accomplish with the things in my closet - and challenging to want to try in this weather. I'm going to keep trying, and keep embracing the selfie so I can show some of the better layering options I've been running -- it might just be the cold, but I think I'm getting pretty good at layering! -- but honestly, I'm about to give up on the idea of dresses for a few months. This bitter cold - and occasional knee high piles of snow - does not make me want to expose my legs any more than absolutely necessary.

Meanwhile, yesterday it was decent and I saw not only dresses, but shorts and open-toed shoes being worn around town. So, maybe I'm just a little wimpy...

No comments:

Post a Comment