04 January 2013

2012 Cross Stitch Portrait

I really thought I shared this already, but I don't have any photos of it on my computer, so I guess that was a dream! 

I'm not sure I like it as well as my 2010 or 2011 cross stitch portraits, but I did finish and frame our 2012 portrait:


My gut reaction: I wish I'd made different decisions on my husband's image, at least from the waist up. The brown shirt with brownish hair and brownish beard is a little much, and it's too much to have that many elements that close together each using 3 different colors of floss.

His reaction: "Why am I wearing pants?"

Okay, so I am over-dressing him a little. He wears basketball style shorts about 99% of the time.

For what it's worth, I'm over-dressing me too. I only look that nice on Saturdays. The rest of the time it's either work clothes (jeans and a company shirt) or pj type outfits.

I figure it's no different than putting on nicer clothes to get photo portraits taken - which we do without thinking - so I'm not going to feel bad for dressing our cross stitch selves up a little bit.

It only took a few hours to stitch, from start to finish, and I didn't end up with a hand cramp (wonder of wonders), but I'm glad the 2013 one is months away...

No comments:

Post a Comment