16 January 2013

My 9th Quilt: Improv. Jungle Squares

My 9th Quilt: Improv. Jungle Squares (finished in 2012)


For something that started out as a few fat quarters of super cute fabric and absolutely no plan, this turned into an adorable little quilt.




How is this the only photo I have that shows the whole top?!
I took my time on this one, and debated every addition before I made it. Which is really a better process for me. The scariest part by far was adding the various brown dots around the littler blocks. But it turned out better than I could have imagined!


It's quilted in organic vertical lines with a random spacing.



And bound with some white/aqua wiggly stripes. Which isn't quite a perfect match, but it's just about there.

Post Washing (What is it about quilts that attracts cats?)
I didn't notice any color bleeding (whew!) or any real shrinkage.



Size: Alright, I've put off sharing this because I haven't measured it. Someday I will, but I'm tired of waiting to share it! 
Fabric: most of a small package of fat quarters plus some yardage of brown dots from my stash and orange dots from the stash, binding was 2 fat quarters purchased just for this.


Although I'm fairly certain there are at least three babies coming to people I know this spring/summer, this one is still waiting for a home. It's true that I love it and am tempted to keep it, but I've already kept enough. So, whoever's up for the next baby, this one is probably for you!



No comments:

Post a Comment