19 January 2013

Why I'm Writing to Myself

Maybe you've noticed this already, but I don't actually have any readers.

I toyed with blogging before, but never managed to stick my foot in the water. I had finally worked up the courage to get a name and try it out about the same time a friend of mine started one - which gave me the push I needed to actually start hitting 'publish' instead of continuing to chicken out. Well, she's moved on to different things, but I'm still here.

My goal had been to open my little cove of the internet up to other people over the winter - until I realized I'd already blogged about a quilt I was working on for a surprise present. So, I'm still hanging out alone, at least until I've given that particular quilt away.

So yes, I'm talking to myself. And yes, I feel silly about that sometimes.

On the other hand, I'm not the best about keeping track of what I've been doing. I never was good at keeping a journal or diary. Posting here gives me a sense of accountability and a bit of direction when it comes to keeping momentum on my various projects.

Sure, I hope someday to use this blog as a way to connect to other people - but even if that never happens, I'm going to keep it up because it keeps me motivated.

Most of the time... let's not talk about some of the things that have been in my progress pile for over a year now... 

No comments:

Post a Comment