01 January 2013

December Wrap Up


December Goals
A small list - and still only managed to do two of the three. Which isn't bad - except that my deadline for that quilt is coming up faster than I know. I'm hoping to get the quilt basted this week - but it requires a bit more thought than anything I've worked on so far. The larger size means there isn't a space in my house large enough to work on it, so I've got to make arrangements to go to my parents' house - or maybe my grandparents' place - to see if they've got a big enough place for me to crawl around on.

I did accomplish a lot of things that weren't on the list - like finishing up a couple quilts, and putting in some hours on others - but I also failed to accomplish the more practical and important things (like selling the cars).

It was also a tough month emotionally - between plans falling out from under us (chances are about 50/50 whether I'll thrive on change or let it put me into a funk for a few hours while I attempt to recover my footing), tragic losses near and far, and the continual inability to get my feet fully under me in any aspect of my life. I've struggled a little to keep up on the fun things, which believe it or not does include attempting to blog.

January is going to be off to a slow start - but I hope to amp things up a little more as we keep going. I've got a lot of plans and things I want to do in the next three or four months, but accomplishing those things means walking the fine line between keeping busy enough to afford those things but having enough energy to do those things - a struggle at all times, but especially in the winter months.


No comments:

Post a Comment