08 July 2013

Fabric Auditions Take Two!

After being more or less disappointed by the possible edging fabric auditions from my stash, I gave in and went on a bit of a shopping spree. I wound up with two new options to try next to the quilt top against my top runner from the stash.

There's pink cupcakes with cherries...

Or chocolate frosting with sprinkles...

Or the tea and coffee stash leader...

I'm leaning towards either the chocolate frosting (brown) or the tea and coffee (white) as bit of a break from the intensity of the pinks and reds. But... I don't know which I like better... If I had to choose right now, I think I'd go with the chocolate, but I'm just not certain enough to start cutting today.

If I only had the option of using the pink cupcake print, I wouldn't be upset. It does look like it really belongs with the top, but since I have two options that I like better I think it could work brilliantly on the back. Speaking of backs, I'm off to scour the internet for some ideas for backs that I like and that I can achieve. So far I feel like I struggle to make backs I like, but I am going to overcome this.

No comments:

Post a Comment