12 July 2013

Smothered Yum

Smothered burritos are quickly becoming a house favorite around here...
chicken, spinach, black bean smothered burrito
This is the fifth or sixth time I've made smothered burritos since trying them earlier this spring, and at least the third different variation I've tried. And this coming from a gal who always orders 'no salsa' when we go out!

This weekend we tried adding sweet potato to the burrito filling. Best decision ever. I will be doing that again as often as possible.

I am not anti salsa. Anyone who has ever seen me with a bowl of salsa and chips knows better than that. I just always thought I didn't like soggy burritos. Now, making them myself, I'm not sure why I don't like them in restaurants, because I really like them at home! 



I'm off to try to do something productive so I have something more to share next week... Then again, I might just crawl into bed with one of the three books I'm working on reading right now. Course, I'll be asleep before I open the book, so maybe not that either. Happy weekend! 

No comments:

Post a Comment