16 July 2013

Slow Progress

I think I'm getting faster at basting. Maybe even a little better. It nearly took more time to clear out the living room than to actually pin this little quilt together! Even better, I only had to wait a week to find the time to start working on quilting. Thanks to staying up way later than I should have - and the distraction of a new-to-me movie - I managed to make a good start:

I rushed out in the morning - before work - to get a photo of my progress, but the results were less than ideal.

So I tried again the next night.
So far I've stitched more or less straight lines. I was aiming for a stitch in the ditch kind of approach, but for the vast majority of the lines my aim was a bit off. In a happy accident, I think those lines actually look a bit better - rather than the few where I succeeded and the stitching nearly disappears!

There's still a lot more stitching to go - and I have a feeling it's going to take me several nights to accomplish my goal. I'm not looking forward to trying to squeeze this little quilt through the machine to do what I want, but it's so going to be worth it. I can't wait - let's just hope it goes more quickly than I fear!

No comments:

Post a Comment