01 July 2013

June Wrap Up

Ugh. This month did not go particularly well in terms of meeting my goals. Work - and work-related exhaustion - absolutely took over my month. I'm not going to beat myself up over the way this month went; I did what I had to, and it's a clean slate to try again and be more successful in the future. 

Ready 5+ Books
Make 1-2 "Jungle Blocks" coordinating bibs (for future baby shower gifts)
Make Progress on Pansy Patch
Anniversary Trip/Ren. Fest.
Social outing with friends/family
Meatless dinners once a week (I'm thinking Monday, but we'll just have to see) - Whoops! I completely forgot this was even a hope. Actually, I won't embarass myself by revealing how few meals we ate at home this month. There were far too many days when none of us had the energy to do more than fall over at the end of the day. This is still something I want to try, but I'll put it aside until work slows down a little. For now, I'm going to try to concentrate on coming up with more 'no energy needed' meals so we're not so tempted to go out all the time. 
Drink at least one water bottle each day - Nope. But I've been making a more conscious effort to remember to drink before I'm too thirsty and hot. That's the hardest part - to think about hydration prior to wanting to drink. But, progress was made and most days were decent on the water drinking front (better than decent if I get to count unsweetened tea as 'water'). 
Serious progress on my newest projects*
Mail the Welcome Baby Packages the week of the birth of the babies - All sent, and all received
Go to bed before midnight every night - Well, I think I made it by 12:30 every night but one. I did stay up until 1:30 one night - after being up for hours in the night the previous two nights thanks to cat problems (why was he meowing? No idea, because he fell asleep in my lap as soon as I sat on the sofa) and bad work-related dreams (after hours of bad dreams, I got up and spent over two hours working on work-things). Turns out, staying up later is way easier than sleeping for a couple hours then being up for a couple, then trying to get back to sleep again! Still, I haven't been doing anything fun irresponsible like staying up until 2:30 or 3 recently (and I think I haven't stayed up until 5 or 6 since I got married). So, not a success, but I have been trying. 






*More about that later**
** Um, except I now no longer remember which ones are my newest projects! Maybe I was referring to the two quilts that took up most of my spare time this month? If not... I honestly have no idea...


No comments:

Post a Comment