10 July 2013

Quilt Top - Now with Extra Chocolate!

I guess the title gives away the 'winner' of the fabric auditions...

I know the lighting isn't ideal. I was cramming this update into the hours I had free in the evening, but I assure you, it looks delicious.
I'm so glad I went with the brown. It's a nice break from the red and pink - and it really makes some of the brown pieces pop.

I've got to really start thinking about what kind of back I'm going to make now - but I got distracted by binding thoughts. It would mean another purchase (which was not supposed to be the point of this quilt), but I'm thinking aqua. It'd help tie in the pieces of blue/aqua in the top, and some of the sprinkles in the frosting print are a blue/aqua. Also, since I think of the top as a cupcake, a blue/aqua cupcake liner seems like the perfect finishing touch - at least to me!

If not a blue/aqua, I think I've got to go back the reds and pinks.

1 comment: