23 January 2014

2013 Portrait?

I haven't been making much progress on making my 2013 cross stitch portrait yet. It isn't a very big project, probably taking less than two solid hours of work, but it does take some time. With my printer still on the outs, I do have to sit at one of my computers until I have enough of the pattern to travel with the project.

I have been toying with different ideas for the look of the year though. I usually do try to choose outfits we've actually worn during the year, but so far I have always gone for pants on Greg rather than his usual shorts. This year, he's requested that I at least try shorts.
It is a bit more realistic a look - though I wish I had a way of illustrating his hair without going for the long and loose version he so rarely chances!

For him, I'll be going with the grey shorts, blue top look. For me, I'm less certain. Both outfits are representative of what I've tried to do this last year - but I'm kind of leaning towards the dress just to shake things up a little bit for both of us! I might change my mind though - the dress is a little more complicated to stitch.

No comments:

Post a Comment