22 January 2014

Pinterest Challenge: Oven Fajitas

The Inspiration: Budget Bytes Oven Fajitas found via Pinterest

The Results:

Although I did take the short cut of using fajita seasoning I had on hand (rather than making my own as the recipe gives instructions to do for those interested - and I'm sure it would have been a little better tasting and a lot better for me), I tried not to deviate much from the recipe as presented. Not being a fan of red peppers, I went only for green peppers and some onions - though I seriously thought about adding squash or large pieces of mushroom. My knife skills are rusty, so cutting everything up wasn't the easiest for me to manage, but I was still able to have everything in the oven a few minutes before my husband realized I'd started cooking dinner.
About half-way through the baking time, he kept coming out complaining that it smelled too good in the house. By the time I pulled it out of the oven, we were both practically drooling. Fortunately, the oven fajitas tasted as good as they smelled. Maybe better.
Delicious. I didn't have to do any clean up - not only did everyone come back for seconds, and thirds, but the scrappy little leftover onions and peppers that didn't quite make it into any plates got picked off before the dish was cold.

I've had multiple requests for the recipe, and repeated requests that this become a weekly thing. It's easy enough it just might!

No comments:

Post a Comment