27 January 2014

Scrappy X and + Pillow

A few days ago I shared a scrappy x and + block that I had made, quilted, then bordered out in a deep purple scrap:

Although I love the single block (I am going to have to find a reason to make more of these blocks!), once I added the border I figured this was headed toward becoming a pillow for my library chair.

I pulled together a rather scrappy looking envelope close back:
(which I actually love almost as much as the front)

and wound up with a single 13 or 14 inch pillow.
I do wish the overall size was larger - maybe approaching 20 inches or so - but otherwise I'm quite pleased. Who would have thought that these colors and patterns could work together at all? I was worried that my combinations weren't going to work at all - but I'm pleasantly surprised with the results.

I'm always worried about choosing fabrics to go together - probably part of why I rely on precut packages so much - but this has been fun, and rewarding, and yes, has me thinking I should push myself to try matching fabrics on my own more often.

No comments:

Post a Comment