08 January 2014

Pinterest Challenge: Baked Ravioli

The Inspiration: Baked Ravioli at the old blogspot place of AmyLynnTitus.com. Found, of course, via Pinterest - though I had to do some back tracking to find the actual link to the instructions.

The Results:

Knowing about how much my usual test subjects eat, and having read the comments on the inspiration post, I went ahead and double layered the ravioli, with a little bit of cheese and a little bit of sauce between the two layers, but otherwise followed the instructions as stated. I was slightly surprised that it took nearly an entire can of spaghetti sauce to cover the large portion (approximately 24 ravioli) - when we usually use half that on spaghetti for three. Not being a fan of tomato sauce, I didn't try any from this large portion, but they went over well. All three guys had seconds - and all the sauce and cheese left over in the pan got scooped up with a little extra garlic bread.

I had my own smaller portion made with some leftover cheesy 'Alfredo' sauce. The cheesy sauce and cheese added between and over the layers, and the cheese centers all made for a very rich little dish - but that didn't stop me from eating it. Or from wondering if I have enough to make another batch for tonight.

Waiting forty-five minutes for everything to bake up (though the smaller serving dish could have gone with less time) was difficult, but the results were worth it. I can't tell you the last time we had ravioli in this house... probably before we were married, so it's hard for me to say how it compares to the traditional boiled method. It didn't take long to put together, only about three ingredients - though I do wonder how it would taste with some vegetables added between the layers - and tasted great, so I think it'll be joining the regular rotation around here.


No comments:

Post a Comment