21 January 2014

Welcome Baby O!

Just a little something I'm sending out to carry my best wishes to some friends and their soon-to-arrive baby.
Getting a good photo of the set was impossible-thanks to wind that blustered up every time I went outside with the camera.

I am so thrilled to be sending my semi-sampler quilt off to them. Although I didn't sent out to make it for anyone, the moment I learned the news I began thinking that this was really meant to be shared with them. As I finished up, I just couldn't shake the idea that it really belonged with them instead. With the help of a mutual college friend - who happened to room with us each at one time or another- this little set (along my best hopes and wishes) is headed to the upcoming baby shower.

I worked with pearl snaps for the first time as the finishing touch for the two coordinating bibs. Installing them should have been about as easy as any other snap but I did manage to put a small crack in one of them! Despite using layers of padding between the tool and snap just to be safe. The crack was small and almost disappeared after the first wash (to rid cat hair and ensure the snaps are decently set) so I'm hoping it will hold up for a while at least! They do look good - I just wish they'd installed a little easier.


No comments:

Post a Comment