31 January 2014

Fashion Challenge Check-In #2

The Goal: To use 4 different fashion looks from my Pinterest Fashion StuffShoes, or the accessories on my Window Shopping boards as inspiration in creating a look for me to wear in November, December, or January. -- And I'm adding February since I've been so slow at accomplishing this! 

The Budget: $10 (specifically for tights)

The Inspirations:

1) Dress Shirt

2) Dress + Cardigan 1234,

3) Shorts + tights -- DONE!

4) Statement shoes 1234,
I was actually incredibly excited to try this out the day that I played in the orchestra (all black outfit). So excited that I rushed out the door without taking the time to get a photo! So, from the day of, this bad cell phone picture is all I've got:

I keep thinking I'll recreate the outfit to get a more accurate photo, but instead I've been working too many hours to think about putting on such a dressed up outfit. Also, as much as I love those shoes (and I do, despite this being the third wearing in five years), after ten hours on my feet in winter boots, I do not think I could force my feet into them!

I also had a chance to try out another, but very similar, approach.
Again, a little artistic blur on the photo. Pretty basic, new black dress (love it so much), red shoes last worn three years ago to my sister-in-law's wedding, and - nearly impossible to see - a little fish-y necklace.

Not bad for something pulled together in about three minutes after the planned outfit had a breakdown. (I must remember to buy size 'tall' tights. The consequences of forgetting are not good.)

5) Accessories/Layers/Etc. -

I've been making more progress - even wearing accessories and layers on days I don't intentionally set out to create a picture for this challenge. I guess I've got to learn to embrace the selfie!

Also, while the fish necklace isn't so comfortable to wear (boo) (nor so visible in that photo) I am loving my diy hobbit door type necklace. The 'chain' is a semi-stretchy material and much more comfortable on my skin than the metal chain but my favorite part is that the door is actually a tiny locket held closed with a magnet. It has given me something to fiddle with when I'm tired or bored, which makes it practical as well as fun. Okay, 'practical' might be a bit of a stretch - but needless to say, I'm really enjoying it and wearing it a couple times a week when possible. 

For all that #4 (statement shoes) and #5 (accessories) have been going well, I am increasingly worried that the first two challenges I set myself are going to prove impossible. I have some dresses, and I have both shirts and cardigans. But so far, they are not looking good together at all. I'm going to try a little harder over the next couple weeks, but I might have to replace those challenges with things that more reflect my closet's abilities - or try again when I have improved my closet a little!

No comments:

Post a Comment