28 January 2014

Mon--No Wait, Tuesday... I think...


This should be one of my easier days this week, but this doesn't look like a good sign of things to come.

In theory I was only prewashing to rid the fabric of a strange odor they'd picked up somewhere along the way to my hands. But the second I dunked the first of these bold pink pieces into the water I knew there was a little more than that going on. None of the other colors, including the red, black, and navy pieces bled dye at all, and I managed to get all the other pieces out before this excess dye could latch on to them. These two have now been washed twice and continue to turn the water pink (I hope that coloring comes out of my tub). I'm not particularly happy about this - but I am glad I learned it when there were only a few little pieces and no labor at risk!

On a brighter hand, I have been getting some work done on my muted half square triangle quilt.

All the fabric is sorted and the brown yardage is cut (still have the black to cut though).
And the next step is in progress - though my chalk lines are kind of hard to see, even in person. I'm hopeful I can stitch them together like this, but so far it isn't going well. I'll finish the muted blocks all the same way (marking, then sewing just off the line on both sides) but unless I get better at it, I'll cut the saturated ones before sewing instead of after.

No comments:

Post a Comment