17 January 2014

Plotting on Quilts

Remember my crush on the weave fabrics?

I've come up with a general plan for what I'd like to do with it. I'm at least going to begin with some half-square triangles making diamonds of the feature colors and diamonds of a neutral.
Though I may piece out with some featured color borders if the size needs a little work. 

After a great deal of thought, I split my Weave charm packs into two different color stories. 

 A bright/intense/saturated group that I'll pair with black.
And a more muted/softer group that I'll pair with the brown I'm so in love with:
Although I'm very tempted to steal the plum color from the saturated group to see if it pairs nicely in the more muted group. Just feels like the muted one could use a purple shade. Hmmm...

Huh. Everything looks totally different - guess that's the difference an hour makes in terms of lighting - but I think I like it better with the purple added. And the more saturated set doesn't seem poorer for the loss. I'm hoping that I can do a bigger test layout tomorrow - just laying all the squares out on the background piece so I can see them in large pieces instead of little bitty ones - but so far it's looking good. 

The two stacks aren't quite the same size, so I expect the saturated/black one will be slightly larger. And as usual, I have no idea what I'm going to do with them except that I can't keep my fingers away from the fabrics so I have to do something with them! I have a vague suspicion that at least the more muted one will end up as a gift, if I can get it to be a good size. We'll see what the future brings! 

No comments:

Post a Comment