10 May 2013

My 15th and 16th Quilts: Twin Quilts


Both Quilt A and Quilt B have been washed and dried. Now they're just waiting for a box and some wrapping paper - then they'll be off to await the arrival of the twins themselves!

Quilt A - top 
Quilt A - top and back
I'm really not big on the whole boys = blue girls = pink thing, so I tried to keep both quilts something that could work for either a boy or a girl. Quilt A is mainly blues, reds/pinks, and grays/whites. Quilt B is mainly greens, oranges/yellows, and grays/whites.

Quilt B - top
Quilt B - back
Both are backed mainly with a large panel of the same fabric (a white with colorful swirls which is lovely in person but an utter bugger to photograph) and both are bound in the same orange fabric that comprises the sashing on the front. I also quilted them both with repeating sets of three lines:

Quilt B - close up
Although the two quilts are very similar, I do have a favorite. I won't name names though. It wouldn't be fair. 


Now to find a nice box and get them - and the rest of the small Welcome Babies Package - ready to ship. 




No comments:

Post a Comment