04 June 2015

May Wrap Up

May Goals


Read 5+ Books
  • "Shadowfell" Juliet Marillier
  • "Heartless" Gail Carriger
  • "Stranded" Ben Mikaelsen
  • "The Harvey Girls" Lesley Poling-Kempes
  • "What Do You Do With an Idea"
  • "This is Sadie" 
  • "Miss Hazeltine's Home for Shy and Fearful Cats"
  • (Okay, so those last three are kids books...but I'm taking it!)  
Average 13000+ steps per day -- Not all month, but I did actually hit 15000+ steps a couple times, and 13000+ more than once. Energy level seems to be coming up a little, but mainly it is growing increasingly uncomfortable to do anything other than stand -- and if I'm standing, I might as well walk! 
Order 2 family photo books
May family trip

New Projects / Pinterest Challenge: 
Anything new I start this month will be focused on baby stuff, either for myself or the various Welcome Baby gifts I need to be finishing up -- thankfully I'm somewhat ahead from my extra work last year! I wont' say 'no' to new recipes or anything, and I'm sure lots of my ideas will come from Pinterest, but for now, it's time to focus on other things.

My Projects:
Finish 1 quilt top: Random Reflections 2 of 2 YES! Finally finished this top! 
Welcome Baby Projects (for mine and others):
  • Complete bibs -- figure out what is wrong with snap installer -- still don't know what is wrong with the installer and can't find the older one that used to work, so I'm installing them with a couple of junk boards, a hammer, and some patience. It's not ideal, but I'm tired of working with tools that make things worse! 
  • Make 2 hooded towels
  • Continue picking away on the 'sewing for baby' list
  • Living room: 
    • Now: 1 small bookcase to find a home for
    • Long Term: new window treatments 
  • Kitchen: 
    • Now: 1 old cat ladder/condo/tree to remove 
    • Long Term: new window treatments, 2-4 chairs needed
  • Our Bedroom: 
    • Now: 2 laundry hampers + additional items to take out for donation; soap the changing table drawers
    • Soon: Swap out my nightstand for the co-sleeper; change art over changing table
    • Long Term: Finish our quilts; new mattress; new pillows
  • Our Bathroom: 
    • Now: clean counter top; old nightstand needs put our for donate
  • Guest Bathroom: 
    • Now: how to get rid of broken printer? (yes, it is living in the shower, along with a few more things I'm not sure what else to do with)
    • Soon: Replace broken towel bar with something safer
  • Sewing Room Nursery/Playroom: 
    • Now: Find homes for the remaining 'stuff' in the room; serious sweep and mop; 
    • Soon: Bring in mattress; begin updating art/wall hangings; rug and other final decor items
    • Long Term: do something about the door not staying open when desired
Finish up several quilts in progress (if possible)

Grown Up Junk:
Schedule next cat/vet appointment
Buy car seat
Look into new phones -- Looked in to this, then panicked. Why do I have to take on a new, more expensive plan just to upgrade my phone? I just want a better camera without having to carry one more thing with me all the time. Ugh!
Pack hospital bag -- Postponing until after the baby shower and another shopping trip, so let's hope for early June
Pediatrician meeting/s -- They're still claiming I can't even TALK to a pediatrician until baby is born and has insurance number. I don't understand how to accomplish all the things I need to do -- like getting on their schedule and getting some questions answered -- when I'm basically not allowed to talk to any one... 
Hospital tour -- Why is this so hard to arrange? Don't they want me to know where to park? 
Finish online birthing class

House Stuff: 
Continue sweeping every other day, cleaning bathrooms once a week
House prep for baby:
  • Find/Build/Purchase storage for laundry room - Thanks to my dad for the most amazing shelving unit yet. Multiple shelves for laundry baskets and storage, plus a pull out table for folding on. It's amazing.  
  • Purchase second deck box? 
  • Put holiday stuff in there / empty guest room shower
  • move household chemicals into one cabinet -- put a lock/latch on it
  • Rearrange baby room / get toddler mattress
It's not much to look at yet, but here's a little sneak peek: 

I hope to be back with more later this week, but our internet has been beyond unreliable! 

No comments:

Post a Comment