29 June 2015

Sewing (and more) for Baby -- Update #3

My Sew/Craft/Etc. for Baby List 
  • Fitted Sheets for Co-Sleeper Mattress:
    • 2 Cotton -- both now have elastic and have been washed

    •  2 flannel -- maybe later?? 
    • Is 3 enough? Am I crazy? 

  • Zipper Front Sleep Sack
    • At least 2? -- Um... I'm thinking I might not get around to this one. I've got some other sleep sacks from gifts and I might see if I can make it work with those. If baby is as hot a sleeper as Greg, I'll have to come back to this one and try something lighter weight than the fleece once we got! 

  • Changing Pad Cover
    • 2+ 
  • At least 3 1 quilts/blankets (mostly to use as play mats)
    • Panda Quilt -- in Progress

    • Minky Cat and Mouse Quilt -- Done

    • Autumn Woods Patchwork/Panel -- Done


  • A Quiet Book (for later, but should start as time allows)

  • Bibs -- in progress!
    • I've got 6 ready for snaps -- just haven't gone outside to pound on them with a hammer! 


  • Wipes
    • Single weight flannel
    • Double weight flannel

  • Wash Cloths
    • Flannel/cuddle fabric
    • Flannel/texture fabric
    • A couple for a gift

  • Burp Cloths
    • I'm guessing we want quite a few of these? 
I wound up with a lot of extra flat diapers, so for now I'm going with those. Most of them are still white / untouched, but I may end up dying more of them if time allows. I love the finished look -- even when the color doesn't turn out as expected, which is more than 50% of the time --but the process is time consuming, and the 'rinse' process is especially frustrating for me. I've dyed a few over the last few months, thinking we might use them either as part of the diapering process or the burp cloth (or a general clean up whatever is happening cloth!) but I have a LOT more white ones to go -- and I can only dye about 4 at a time before the coverage turns out really spotty. 

In addition to dying some of the flat diapers, we also dyed a few onesies, tops, and two of the plain white swaddles we were given. 
The process is a little frustrating to me, but I really like the outcome... If I do end up taking some kind of maternity leave before baby is actually here, I might have enough hours to do a few more, but if I work right on through there's no way I'll have the time. So, we'll see! 
  • Hooded Towels
    • 2 for gifts
    • 2 for us
2 hooded towels -- one with yellow trim, one with original
  • Leg Warmers
    • 3 made, which is a good enough start for something that may or may not work out. I'm calling this good until we see how they work out in reality. 

  • Texture 'lovie' blankets
    • 3 for us
2 small 'lovies' for us, plus 2 wash cloths
  • 1-2 for gifts -- 1 down, 1 smaller one to go
The larger gift texture 'lovie' blanket

Not on the 'sewing' list, but I have finished one other project for the baby too... 
It's not quite as lovely as the examples I've been drooling over on Pinterest... but it'll work for now and I can always dress it up later if need be.

No comments:

Post a Comment