12 June 2015

Sewing for Baby -- Progress #2

My Sew for Baby List 
  • Fitted Sheets for Co-Sleeper Mattress:
    • 2 Cotton -- both now have elastic and have been washed

    •  2 flannel
    • That's a total of 5, which seems reasonable... maybe...?
  • Zipper Front Sleep Sack
    • At least 2
  • Changing Pad Cover
    • 2+ 
  • At least 3 1 quilts/blankets (mostly to use as play mats)
  • A Quiet Book (for later, but should start as time allows)
  • Bibs
    • Feedback suggests we want a lot of these
  • Wipes
    • Single weight flannel
    • Double weight flannel
  • Wash Cloths
    • Flannel/cuddle fabric
    • Flannel/texture fabric
    • A couple for a gift
  • Burp Cloths
    • I'm guessing we want quite a few of these?
  • Hooded Towels
    • 2 for us
2 hooded towels -- one with yellow trim, one with original
    • 2 for gifts
  • Leg Warmers
    • 3 made, which is a good enough start for something that may or may not work out. I'm calling this good until we see how they work out in reality. 
  • Texture 'lovie' blankets
    • 3 for us
2 small 'lovies' for us, plus 2 wash cloths
  • 1-2 for gifts -- 1 down, 1 smaller one to go
The larger gift texture 'lovie' blanket

Not on the 'sewing' list, but I have finished one other project for the baby too... 
It's not quite as lovely as the examples I've been drooling over on Pinterest... but it'll work for now and I can always dress it up later if need be.
I thought this measuring stick project would be quick, but it was not. It actually took more than a week, but I blame much of that on rain and imperfect staining weather... Oh well, I'm thrilled to have it finished and up on the wall! 

Oh, and no, I don't really expect the kiddo to get that tall, but we thought it would be nice to include heights of people and family members, so we needed it well over the six foot mark. Time to get started inviting family members over and putting them to the test! 

No comments:

Post a Comment