28 September 2012

More Back Work

And I'll start by admitting that yes, I did have to go buy more fabric for the back. Fortunately it was on sale, and I had a rare on-sale-items-included coupon, and I got the end of the bolt on remnant discount. So I almost saved more than I spent.

And after spending that much time getting black fabric, I didn't feel like getting any more of the batik. So the back is going to be really scrappy.


That is not a picture of the discard pile. That's the beginning of little blocks of color that I hope to incorporate into the back.

I've never done anything this scrappy or improvised. I'm a little scared.

But I think those moments come with every project. Right?


Also - best traveling wishes for my friend and her little family who are headed home (by car) today and tomorrow. Stay safe my friend! 

No comments:

Post a Comment