11 September 2012

Second Cross Stitch

My goal with the second cross stitch was to update the diy Word Art "All You Need is Love" I have hanging in the bathroom - but... that didn't go well.

Instead I wound up with something completely different - and more executable. Even if my pattern/plan still wound up being off from the actual stitching. How I misplaced so many stitches in my plan, I don't know. And it makes me nervous about anything else where I've made the plans myself.

Anyway, on to the pictures!





 I'm not sure why that one picture is always crooked. I fixed it to take the 'after' photo, but it's already back to being crooked.


It's great to finally have something hung up in that open spot - and it's the perfect balance between white space and color. I had been thinking I might add something more decorative in the white spaces on either side of the 'you + me' but seeing it in place, I think it works as is.

I do wish I'd used orange floss instead of yellow for the majority of the 'awesome' part, but I worked with what I had on hand - which made this a free project.

No comments:

Post a Comment