14 September 2012

Still Unnamed Wedding Quilt Progress

I'm completely out of things to watch on Hulu (except Korean dramas, and I can't use the sewing machine and read subtitles at the same time) - and started going through the shows I own on DVD...

But I've made huge progress on this quilt top!


Getting every block framed up took longer than I thought it would - but like I said, I should have remembered the short cuts before cutting all the pieces! From here, it was a matter of piecing these blocks together into larger blocks, first by making 1x2 pieces:


then 2x2 squares:



Notice the open drawer? It's fully of my cast of trimmings, either thread or trimmings from making stars. I've never been so happy to have messed up a project! That bag was supposed to be a purse - but I fought with the lining for it until I gave up and found another use for it. It's made a huge difference in my sewing - and it's helped keep the rug under my feet a little bit cleaner (at least from thread trimmings).

The goals is to work up to four 8x8's, four 2x4's, one 2x2, and one single full row (1x10). If all goes well, that should be the building blocks to piece together the whole top (ending with a single 10x11).

I'm still absolutely loving this. It's a good thing no one is watching me quilt - and that we have no neighbors on the office/sewing room's window side. I keep shaking my arms and squealing I love it so. Which would probably look more than a little odd to anyone who could see me. Or hear me.

Time to let the kinks out of my shoulder muscles for the day, but I can't wait to finish this top. I think it's going to be amazing.

1 comment:

  1. Shiny! You're so amazingly awesome. Did I mention that wow, you're amazing and awesome?

    ReplyDelete