28 November 2012

2012 Cross Stitch Portrait

I've been making a little cross-stitch portrait of us for every year since we got married.


I didn't think about choosing a particular month to base our stitched-selves off of until I'd already completed the 2011 look and realized what a huge difference there was between my husband's hairstyles. True, his hair did grow dramatically between summer 2010 and fall 2011, but I kind of wish I had chosen one of the more wild, growing it out looks to capture for 2011.

Especially since now I'm not sure how to indicate that the hair has continue to get longer. I'm thinking of pulling a piece over his shoulder, something like this:


True, he almost always wears it back or up, but those styles are much more difficult to depict without going to a profile view. It's also no where near as smooth as this makes it look. I know I could add some texture by adding occasional 'flip out' blocks to the sides of his head:


What do you think? I'm not a fan...

I think I'm off to see if any one made a pixel person version of Hagrid, since that's what I'm constantly calling him when he does wear his hair down.

No comments:

Post a Comment