12 November 2012

My 7th Quilt: Procrastination Half Squares

Despite some continued issues with the tension settings on my Janome/Kenmore machine, and some serious battles with the binding - I'm happy to say that Procrastination Half Squares Quilt is officially done!

As always, I took a couple pictures pre-wash, just in case something should go wrong in the wash.



I know the aqua binding seems just a little too bright in these pictures. Mostly that's me not knowing how to color balance. It is a little bright for the quilt, but not that much.

A quick trip through the washer and dryer and then out for a few glamour shots before it gets too dark:


It's just about 46" by 50" - and not quite rectangular after I cut off the failed binding! I didn't measure it before washing and drying, but it doesn't seem to have shrunk.



I haven't seen any signs that the colors bled. Since I had to skip the pre-wash, and I was using white sashing for the first time, I had my fingers crossed the whole time it was washing.


Although I'm not as emotionally attached to this quilt as I have been to others in the past, I think it will also probably be staying with me. If it had finished perfectly, I'd be holding this one for the next baby shower I'm invited to, but since I chose not to unpick several lines of quilting to fix the back, I think it's got to stay with me. I think I can handle that without complaint.


No comments:

Post a Comment