07 November 2012

Banana Muffins

Bananas get used in phases around here. If I buy only three, they get eaten immediately. But if I buy five or six, half of the bunch sits on the pantry until I finally decide to bake something with their brown remains.

This is my go-to baking with bananas recipe. It's slightly adapted from a recipe I found in my unofficial family cookbook. (Multiple people I know and/or are related to contributed recipes to the book, and I'm fairly certain every woman in my mom's family has this cookbook.)

Banana Muffins

3 peeled, mashed bananas
1 egg
2 cups Bisquick
2 Tbsp milk
2 Tbsp butter, melted
2 Tbsp sugar
Cinnamon to taste
Chocolate chips to taste


Stir together until just mixed. Drop into muffin papers or greased muffin pan.


Bake at 425 degrees for 12-15 minutes or until beginning to brown on top.


Makes about 12 muffins.

I like them best hot from the oven (just cool enough so the chocolate chips don't burn my mouth) but they're also good cold - especially if you used mini-chips. Most Half of this batch went into the freezer for breakfasts next month.

Note: the recipe originally calls for 1/4 cup sugar and no chocolate chips, so if you skip the chocolate, you might want to adjust the sugar.


No comments:

Post a Comment