22 November 2012

Thanksgiving Night

I know I spent time earlier this week talking about things I want to do on Thanksgiving, and how I want to avoid turning on the tv. It's still true.

But that's Thanksgiving Day.

Thanksgiving Night is about unwinding and watching a movie as a family.

Home movies or slides would be great, and happen sometimes if we're still at someone else's place, but these days Thanksgiving Night tends to be just the two of us either at home or in a hotel room.

Since at this point our family is two adults, the movies so far have been Chocolat, I was a Male War Bride, Court Jester, Hobson's Choice, and The Glass Slipper. None of which have anything to do with Thanksgiving. They've just become associated with the holiday in my mind.

Just apples, grilled cheese, a burning candle, some warm socks, and a little bit of time to unwind.


I'm an introvert, so having some less busy or chaotic time is a necessity, even if it isn't as 'me' time as sitting alone with a notebook and pen or a hot bath. While movie suggestions are great, what I'd really love to have are tips on how to stay sane/get alone time while traveling and seeing family. So far, the best thing I've got is insisting that we stay at a hotel, but that's not always possible. 

No comments:

Post a Comment