21 May 2013

Boring?

I wasn't too inspired when it came to quilting the Monkey quilt. I really wish I knew how to do something more organic/wandering all over the top - but I don't, and it sure seems like my machine isn't really interested in it either!

So instead I kept it simple with some big boxes.


Two of the blocks in each row are outlined on the large frame, two in each row on the smaller box. Then there are a couple larger blocks of quilting that go through the sashing around more than one block. It's not a lot, and I may still change my mind and come back over the blocks with something more... I guess I'll take another look at it when I get ready to bind.

I mentioned the back before but I don't think I have another photo that shows the back at all, so I grabbed one today while I was out with it:


I'm thinking the binding should be bright red - to match the mostly red pieces on the top, as well as the accessories some of the monkeys on the back are wearing. Of course, I no longer have any red fabric in my stash, so I'm looking around to see if I have anything else that'll work.

1 comment:

  1. There's boring, and then there are the classics that stick around for a reason... and then there are the classics that are books and almost inevitably boring...

    ReplyDelete