14 May 2013

Doodle Quilted

I managed to whip through the quilting on this one in only a couple hours. I was a little surprised how quickly it went as I keep thinking diagonal lines will take a lot longer than anything else I can do thus far. In reality? There's probably only a few minutes difference between diagonal lines and straight lines - all due to trying to keep the quilt rolled out of the way.


Oh - I did remember to get a picture of the back material this time!

I wish I'd worked harder to line things up so the seam wasn't quite so obvious... but it's way too late to change that now! I still need to trim off the excess binding and backing before I can get around to attaching the binding - but I'll have to make the binding too. Since I have some left over pieces from the back, I think that's probably what I'll use for making the binding.

I really like the bias tape I make myself better than anything else I've tried, but I find the process of making it annoying and time consuming. Unfortunately for me, I'm getting a back log of pieces needing bias tape made, so I suspect I'd better just plan on a whole evening of it sometime this week. Maybe I can get a movie or two to make the time go faster...


No comments:

Post a Comment