27 May 2013

Even More Spring

Usually my parents' lilac bushes are quite riotous by this time of year and I can spend hours standing near them, savoring the scent. This year, the blooms are all smaller than usual, and less scented too. I'm still happy to see them, but it's disappointing to see so many bare branches in there. I guess we need to do some pruning to make them happier for next spring.

Things are blooming in the back yard too.
These little guys could also benefit from some more work in their area - these are still the remains of what we planted three years ago for our wedding - but for happy, happy little plants that come up with no work, I'm thrilled to see them. I can't really choose a favorite (though I am partial to the purple and orange ones), but they just make me so happy. I would love a yard full of them all the time!


No comments:

Post a Comment