02 May 2013

No, No, Bad Boot!

I've only had these boots a couple months!

My last two pairs of winter boots have been found by my mother on clearance, and each of them lasted three years (of being worn nearly every day, October through March) before giving out on me. I bought these ones (also on clearance, but at a more expensive store and price) and they only made it through three months of occasional wear before the heel of one of them cracked on both sides. Now there's a quiet little wheeze of air when I step, and I'm afraid to walk through any puddles least I end up with a heel full of water - or worse, mold.

Up until yesterday, these boots have been comfortable and next to ideal. Now, I'm seriously ticked off. And yeah, it's May. So finding another set of replacement boots is going to be difficult since shoe stores are convinced it's sandal season...

And this is on top of a very bad week that's included mice, faulty mouse traps, multiple injuries, more serious health issues/scares, and assorted work related difficulties. Plus freezing rain and snow, directly on top of tiny, baby, day old buds and blossoms on the fruit trees in my yard. So... May? Time to start looking up... please... 

No comments:

Post a Comment