08 May 2013

No Sew Wednesday

Although we've been working too hard for me to stay up until 2 or 3 every night like I prefer, the last week or two I have been up sewing and quilting until nearly midnight. While it's been fun - and yes, I am accomplishing things - I realized just how little time I'm spending on anything else. The month is getting away from me and I've only read one book. Worse, you should see what my kitchen looks like (no, really, please don't).

Right now, Saturday nights have been the only nights I'm not spending at the sewing machine (since that's usually the night we have friends over for dinner and movies as late as we can stand - which isn't so late now that one of them lives a couple hours away!). The rest of the nights are all fair game, as long as I have the energy.

Completely off the top of my head, I decided last night that I need to make some 'No Sew' nights.

So, for this month, I'm taking Wednesday nights off - from sewing, quilting, and anything related. Coming across a cute idea and saving it for later is allowed. Cutting fabric, hand stitching, or even doing the math are not.

Why Wednesday? In part, it was because I came up with the idea last night and it sounded like something I should implement right away. But there's a practical reason too. Since we share a computer/sewing room, there are certain days and times when it would be a little easier on my husband to have less background noise or distractions - nothing like the guild asking if your wife is riding a tractor through the room to bring raid night to distraction! (I have since oiled my machine thank you very much.)

I only decided this 20 hours ago, and I'm already struggling with it. I could so easily be cutting up some fabric for a new idea I had... but the idea will still be there tomorrow (since I wrote it down) and I could just as easily be emptying the dishwasher then settling down with one of the six library books I have waiting for my attention.


No comments:

Post a Comment