03 March 2012

7 Photo Saturday: 3.1 - 3.3

One of my long term goals is to get more comfortable - and better - at taking photos. That means practice and asking lots of questions. Happily, my husband took a couple photography classes in college and can usually fix whatever mess I've gotten myself and his camera into!

When it comes to practicing photography, I love the idea of the photo a day challenges. The daily theme appeals to me - without a theme I imagine my photos would be about 50% my cat, 50% sunsets.

I tend to be a strict rule follower, which sometimes leaves me missing out unless I am certain I can follow all the rules/suggestions perfectly. In the past, the first of the month was over before I realized I'd missed a day. I didn't want to start on the second day of the month, or the fifth, that defeated the point! So I'd put it off for another month, then another. You can see where that road is leading.

March is going to be different. I am doing this. Sort of.

The themes and the idea of a photo a day are only a rough goal. If I can get a shot, I will. If I can't, I'll let it go or make up for it later. Maybe I'll take all 7 photos on Saturday. Who knows - and who cares!?


3.1 "Up"
After a long day of work, driving home in the dark through a snow storm with minimal visibility, and getting home at 8 pm, it was either skip it or take a picture of the ceiling. Turns out that is surprisingly difficult.

3.2 "Fruit"
After five minutes of working on a completely different idea, this just sort of happened.
3.3 "Neighborhood"
This was more or less a drive by as I was yet again loosing daylight. I'd better start working on these first thing or they'll all be in the dark.









No comments:

Post a Comment