19 March 2012

Sneak Peek: Wonky Stacked Coin Quilt

Fresh off my finish of my Agent N's sheep in the hills quilt I started a stacked coin style quilt for a special recipient - one who wasn't yet any more than a wistful thought in the minds of two of my dear friends.

I had a blast picking out fabric. Actually, that part might be more fun than the actual quilting most of the time.
The initial fabric choices.
I completed the top and back in a few days (all those straight lines were a breeze after the curves on the hill quilt). In fact, it was basted, quilted, and sitting in a drawer in my dresser the last time these dear friends were at my house.

It sat in that dresser drawer for months while I looked for the perfect binding - which I hadn't thought to look for when I was picking out fabrics.

I finally found a fabric that I hope will be the perfect finishing touch for this slightly wonky stacked coin:
Bright green stripe binding-to-be?
And now that the future recipient is more than thoughts and wishes, I've got the motivation I needed to get back to work. It's past time to wash the binding fabric, attempt to make my own bias tape for the first time, and bind the quilt!

No comments:

Post a Comment