26 March 2012

Quilt Coordinating Terry Cloth Back Bib

Since I have a few scraps left from making my Wonky Stacked Coin quilt, I thought it would be nice to make a coordinating terry cloth backed bib.

I sewed together three of the best coordinating (and my personal favorite) fabrics from the remaining scraps and attached them to my terry cloth cut out. Once I'd sewed them together, turned it right side out, and top stitched it, I added a top stitch on either side of my seams to ensure the top is firmly attached and my seams will hold through multiple washings and wearings.
It's backed with a pistachio green - barely visible around the edges and in the mirror. (Yes, I take most of these pictures on my bathroom counter top. It's the best lighting I've got at 2:00 a.m. this time of day.)

This breaks my rule of avoiding white or light backgrounds when working on things for a small child but I can't help it this time. I think these three fabrics are just perfect together. In fact, if this one didn't match the quilt so well, I'd be very tempted to keep it for my someday child.

I have just enough remaining of each of these fabrics to make one more bib or another equally small project.



This is still waiting on closures. I'm planning on making three or four bibs to go to this baby and I'll likely hold off on any closures until I can do all four at once.





1 comment: