18 March 2012

My Second Quilt

My second quilt (and the most time consuming yet) was for my godson, "Agent N."
Those three blobs are sheep, I promise. 
The idea I had in my head was a bit grander than my abilities and I was forced to make some compromises. While things didn't turn out quite how I'd hoped, I got to use some really great fabric in this one. One benefit of all those curves? I got quite a few scraps large enough to use in other projects, namely, the ticker tape quilt I'm working towards.

I got a little ambitious on the quilting for this one as well. It's just about impossible to see against the star sky fabric, but I attempted some quilted stars.
The stars are a little easier to see on the simple, brown backing:
The stars weren't too hard to do - once I got used to the shape - and I think they added a little extra something. My attempt at clouds (yes, that blob with a line through it is supposed to be a cloud) were not quite so successful.

This one was slightly smaller, and easier to give away, than my first quilt but no less special. I don't think I'll take on something quite like this again any time soon, but there's a special sense of accomplishment in creating something straight out of my imagination.


No comments:

Post a Comment