01 August 2012

August Goals

August Goals

  • Read 5+ books
  • Listen to 3 audio books
  • Complete 1 Pansy Patch Face 
  • Purchase some fabric for Rainbow Road Quilt
  • Get the Kenmore machine repaired
  • White Car. Seriously. 
  • Binding for Procrastination 1/2 Square Quilt
  • Make a better cover for the Singer machine
  • Make progress re: sash fabric for the Jungle Blocks quilt
  • Continue 1-2 quarts water or unsweetened tea per day
  • Make something from the garden
  • Clear off the chair in the reading nook (which sounds easy, but will not be, it's covered in sewing projects)
  • Start a second cross stitch
  • Edit photos for Family C
  • Continue working on Christmas projects
  • 1+ sewing or crafting related Pinterest Challenge
  • 1+ food related Pinterest Challenge
  • Clean out the car
  • Set more mouse traps 
  • Get those plates on the wall this month or give up on the idea
IF I get the Kenmore back in time to do anything with it: 
  • Quilt Procrastination 1/2 Squares Quilt
  • Try my hand at sewing an article of clothing
If I don't? 
  • Reading. 
If I can't work with the Kenmore* (which I've been informed is actually a Janome?), I'd like to get nearer 10 than 5 this month. My year of tracking books flips over on October 15 and I'm far behind where I was this time last year. Then again, I'm way ahead in terms of sewing, quilting, photography, cooking, and blogging, and there has to be a trade-off of some kind. Okay, I'm also ahead in number of hours spent on Pinterest. And hours worked per week. Still, it'd be nice to hit 100 books read in a year... 



*Yes, I can still do some things with the Singer - but it is slower and has significantly fewer stitches to choose from. And it's louder. 

No comments:

Post a Comment